- Join story time at your local library
- Visit a museum
- Try out a kids class like gym or music, they usually let you try the first class for free.
- Go to a water park – playgrounds with water activity.
- Visit the park and play on the playgrounds.
- Go to a Botanical Garden and explore through the windy paths.
- Check out current events and activities at your local shopping center.
- Visit an Art Gallery, there are often kids activities on there.
- Attend a Playgroup
- Explore nature reserves, you might even have a council run nature centre.
- Visit a Farm and see and feed the animals.
- Join your local Community Garden Playgroup where your child can enjoy a little gardening activity and discover the wonders permaculture.
- Go to the beach
- Visit the local pool for a small admission price.
- Go on a train ride
- Visit the local nursery to look at and smell all the different flowers.
- Go strawberry or berry picking! Google your closest farm (be sure to check picking season).
- Go on a scavenger hunt – this will get you out walking as well as it being a fun learning experience. Check out these 32 Fun Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids by Hands On As We Grow.
- Go fishing! I’ve loved fishing since I was a kid. Apart from buying the fishing rod (kids ones are really cheap at places like KMart or Big W) there are heaps of places you could fish. Check your local area online.
- Feed the ducks! Elliott loves feeding (and chasing ducks). Find a lake and I’m sure they’ll be there!
- Visit your local toy library, trial a toy and borrow one for small amount of money.
- Visit an indoor playcentre. Yes they cost money, but if you check out their website, sign up to their newsletter or follow them on Facebook, I’m sure you’ll be able to get their specials.
Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay updated with blog posts, future linky parties, great pins, giveaways and more.
Mummy Mondays Featured Posts
|Let’s Start a Fad by Fit Mother Hubbard|
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 7 Enticing Ideas for a Parents Weekend Away - May 29, 2017
- How Not To Let Your Photos Die A Digital Death + Canon Selphy Giveaway - May 20, 2017
- A Great Fundraiser That Isn’t Chocolate! - May 19, 2017