I sat down with Mr. G the other day and asked him what advice he’d put in a letter to Elliott when he is older. This is what he said:
There was once a time when I was young and learned many things along the way. It will ultimately be up to you to make your own decisions in life, but when you’re older, I ask that you consider these things.
- Study harder than I did, it will give you more choices in life.
- Resist temptation and don’t fall into peer pressure.
- Make the most of school. It might seem difficult but life after school is much more difficult, enjoy it while you can.
- Remember that Mum & I were young once too. Any advice we give you is because we love you and want what’s best for you.
- Having a girlfriend in high school is not important.
- You are a reflection of the people you surround yourself with. Choose your friends wisely.
- How you act is a reflection on your parents and shows respect.
- It takes time to be successful, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
- If you conduct yourself and work hard, success will come.
Don’t ever feel as though you have to figure things out for yourself or fear how we might react, your Mother and I are always here to support you…remember, we were young once too and made our own mistakes.
What advice would you give to your children that you learned from your younger years?
Now it’s time for you to link up your blog with Mummy Mondays! Please read the linky guidelines here. One post per blog please. There is no particular theme, simply link up a post from the last week or a new post at the link below the featured posts. I’ll even pick two of my favourite posts to feature in Mummy Mondays next week! Please don’t forget to take the time to comment on at least two other posts!
Mummy Mondays Featured Posts
|Money Tips for Kids by 3 Boys and a Dog|
|3 Phrases No Parent Wants to Hear by Lemon Lime Adventure|
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 7 Enticing Ideas for a Parents Weekend Away - May 29, 2017
- How Not To Let Your Photos Die A Digital Death + Canon Selphy Giveaway - May 20, 2017
- A Great Fundraiser That Isn’t Chocolate! - May 19, 2017