These yummy Banana and Coconut Milk Pops are fantastic party food at summer parties, they suit all tastes and are vegan, gluten and sugar-free.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of shredded coconut
- * Tovolo Star Popsicle Molds can be purchased from Target, RRP: $13.99
- Place the mashed banana into the popsicle molds, fill it up to the halfway mark, freeze for an hour or until set.
- Fill the remaining molds with the coconut milk and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Freeze overnight.
- To remove the popsicles from the molds, run under hot water for 10 seconds.
- Option: This recipe is 100% sugar-free, however, if you prefer something slightly sweeter, mix the banana and coconut milk together with 2 tbsp of honey and top with shredded coconut and freeze.
5 Banana Facts that will have you and your family eating loads of Banana and Coconut Milk Pops!
Great Source of Carbohydrates for Energy
Bananas are an excellent source of the carbohydrates in the form of natural sugars and starch.
Protein for Growth
Normal growth needs protein to help produce new cells. A small banana smoothie (150 mL milk and a half banana) as a snack or meal is an excellent source of both protein and calcium.
Vitamin B6 for Blood Health
This vitamin is needed for making red blood cells, and carrying nerve impulses.
Folate for Growth and Brain Health
The B vitamin folate is needed for proper growth and development in toddlers and is hugely beneficial for pregnant women. Half a banana will give a toddler about 15 percent of their folate needs each day.
Fibre for Digestive Health
Bananas are a great-tasting source of fibre, so even a small serving a day, especially for a young child, will help keep you regular.
For the latest news and information, ‘LIKE’ Australian Bananas on Facebook www.facebook.com/AustralianBananas and Instagram @australianbananas.
Welcome back to another week everyone! You know the deal. Link up your favourite post from the last week, leave some comments on a few other posts.
And….could you also do me a HUGE favour, pretty please? Because my logo and blog URL have recently changed, I’d love it if you could use my new Mummy Mondays button and link back to my blog (www.themultitaskingwoman.com) so I can continue to build this link up community…because, the more the merrier, right? To make things easier, the button code is in my sidebar. 🙂
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How to Ensure Your Dream Home Doesn’t Turn Into Your Worst Nightmare - March 28, 2017
- S’mores Tarts and Movies – The Perfect Match - March 22, 2017
- Eva Reads I’m Australian Too by Mem Fox - March 17, 2017