When I was sixteen years old I worked as a tea & tidy girl at a hairdressing salon. I got $40 from the till every Saturday for working 5 hours. As much as I loved getting the pay at the end of the shift (it seemed like so much money at the time), I just couldn’t stand washing greasy heads of hair, mopping the huge salon floor by scooting around on old towels, dehairing brushes and sweeping up numerous piles of hair. One thing that was a bonus of the job though was the free haircuts and free hair colour!
- I get a good trim every 8 weeks (a great opportunity to leave Elliott with Mr. G and get some me time)
- I use baby spinach in almost every meal. The iron, beta carotene, folate, and Vitamin C in baby spinach helps to keep hair follicles healthy and scalp oils circulating.
- I rarely use heat on my hair like straightners or hair dryers and let it dry naturally.
- I only use colours that wash out, no permanent colours and definitely no more bleaching. The colour rinse gives my hair a boost and shine and is more gentle.
- When using hair elastics, I make sure I use ones without the metal bit because these can catch your hair and split it.
- I shampoo and condition my hair a couple of times a week so I don’t strip the natural oils (or maybe I only wash it once every often because I’m either sharing a shower with a toddler…but I prefer the former).
What regime do you have to keep your hair healthy?