You can never go wrong with a good old jam drop and it’s even better when you can make it in your Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master! The best thing about this Bellini Intelli recipe is that if you’re not up for Jam Drops you can omit the jam and add something like white chocolate and macadamia into the mix.
These particular jam drop biscuits aren’t overly sweet because I didn’t want my son to be on a complete sugar high after eating one. If you’re keen on really sweet biscuits, I’d recommend adding a little bit more sugar, try 10 grams at a time so not to over do it. Oh and don’t do what I did if your child is a fussy eater, I forgot to make the biscuits ‘smooth’ i.e. flattening the dough a little, and therefore my son said he didn’t want to eat ‘lumpy’ biscuits. No problems, more for me then!
For those of you reading this recipe who don’t have a Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master, you can also prepare this using a Thermomix or any other food processor where the ingredients need to be combined.
- 125g butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 65g sugar (add gradual small amounts if you prefer sweeter biscuits)
- Jam of your choice. I used raspberry.
- Pre-heat your oven to about 160°C (fan forced) or 180°C conventional.
- Add all ingredients into the jug and mix for 12 seconds on speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for 50 seconds on speed 2.
- Tip mixture into a bowl and shape it into a smooth ball.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and shape dough into teaspoon sized balls.
- Place the balls onto a lined baking tray.
- Press the ball doughs down slightly with a spatula.
- With your finger or end of a wooden spoon press a small hole into the top of the biscuit dough for the jam.
- Use a teaspoon to drop a small amount of jam into the holes.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Keep a regular eye on the biscuits as all ovens differ. They are ready when a nice golden colour and are no longer very soft when touched.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy once cooled.
Love this Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master recipe? Check out my other Bellini Intelli recipes here!