Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie Recipe
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 leek
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- 1½ cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large sheets puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- In a large frypan, add half the olive oil and lightly brown the cubed chicken, then set aside.
- Using the same frypan, and the remaining oil, saute the leeks 'till tender.
- In a large pot, make the sauce by melting butter then mixing in flour, making a roux.
- Once the flour is mixed in and smooth, add milk and chicken stock gradually until thickened.
- Add chicken, leeks and mushrooms and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line a 23 x 30cm baking dish or cake tin with one square of puff pastry (I just used a cake
- tin with removable base).
- Pour in chicken mix and cover the top with the second square of puff pastry, pushing down the sides so it connects with the top of the pastry square put into the bottom.
- Cut a couple of slits into the pastry and brush with milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
This chicken, leek and mushroom pie is delicious!!! It’s even better when you have it for leftovers because the sauce thickens beautifully when it’s refrigerated. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 7 Enticing Ideas for a Parents Weekend Away - May 29, 2017
- How Not To Let Your Photos Die A Digital Death + Canon Selphy Giveaway - May 20, 2017
- A Great Fundraiser That Isn’t Chocolate! - May 19, 2017