- 100g of coconut oil (when I measured it out it was hard) Alternatively use 125g butter.
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 100g milk or dark chocolate
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- N.B. I decided to try coconut oil in this because I didn't have enough butter and I actually really love the hint of coconut flavour.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Once the butter is melted, add the golden syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar and stir over low heat until it starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer lightly for ten minutes, always stirring.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture stand for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chocolate to the mixture and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour into a well greased 7cm x 25cm slice tray.
- Refrigerate until set (I did it for about 3 hours) before cutting into squares.
Now I have to try not to eat the whole thing!
Do you absolutely love chocolate? Why not try this easy weetbix slice then?
Link up your favourite post from the past week and share some comment love on the other fabulous posts linked up here!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How Not To Let Your Photos Die A Digital Death + Canon Selphy Giveaway - May 20, 2017
- A Great Fundraiser That Isn’t Chocolate! - May 19, 2017
- The ‘How To’s’ For A Smooth Move with Kids - May 16, 2017