It’s funny reading through the post now because really, I was worrying over absolutely nothing.
I got so worked up over all of the advice I was given, what I read, being told that it would be a terrible experience. Well actually, it wasn’t and both Mr. G and I were pleasantly surprised.
I actually wrote in my earlier post about being hesitant to go cold turkey but that’s actually what we did, with a little bit of a twist.
When we went to lunch with one of my friends whose son was a baby at the time, I simply said to Elliott while we were sitting in the cafe, “Elliott, because Flynn is a little baby he really needs a dummy and because you’re a big boy, you don’t need one anymore. Would you like to give your dummy to Flynn?” And without hesitation, that’s exactly what Elliott did.
There were a couple of nights when it took a little longer than usual for Elliott to go to sleep, but he was happy enough to be comforted by his blankey, Elly and enjoyed his bottle of milk before bed and then it just became normal.
So to any of you stressing over ditching the dummy, all I can say is not to worry so much. If you can, give what I did a shot and hopefully like me, you’ll be pleasantly surprised and it will be a relatively easy transition.
How did you ditch the dummy? Was it effective?
Thanks for being part of the Mummy Mondays linky. Here are a few points to follow to ensure the linky runs smoothly:
- Link up one blog post only
- Your post doesn’t have to be about parenting! It can be about funny random stuff, self improvement, recipes, home organisation, childhood behaviour, gardening, hot tips…
- Please let everyone know you’re linking up with me by displaying my Mummy Mondays button (in the sidebar) or include a link.
- Most importantly, please join in and comment on some other blogs
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Why I Put My Baby in Child Care - April 24, 2017
- Eva Reads I Love You by Xiao Mao - April 22, 2017
- The Apocalypse Is Here And It’s One Of My Pet Hates - April 21, 2017