It was with best intentions that I create a fabulous advent calendar using toilet paper rolls, however, I only got half way there. I was going to do up pretty little tags with the numbers on them, or perhaps use glitter pens, but I ran out of time. Instead, I turned to some leftover number stickers I had in the cupboard into the countdown numbers. While I was making this toilet paper roll advent calendar, I realised they’re also perfect for Christmas gift boxes and nice a cheap. If you’re concerned about the hygiene factor, spray them with some Glen 20 first.
They are easy to make, here’s how I did it.
1. I purchased some fat flats or fat quarters in Christmas design from Spotlight, but you can buy any type and size of fabric you wish.
2. I cut out squares of fabric large enough to cover the toilet paper rolls and glued on the fabric using PVC glue. I opted for fabric because I’d like to reuse these next year and felt that fabric would last longer than covering the rolls with paper, especially when folding and unfolding the ends of the box.
4. I then placed inside little gifts for Elliott like slinkies and matchbox cars and then closed the ends.
5. I tied each box up with some Christmas ribbon, making a loop so you can hang it on your Christmas tree. (Here’s some with & without the numbers)
As you can see, you can easily turn these into an Advent Calendar by adding tags or a sticker and if you’re ever in need of a small gift box at the last minute, you can use the advent boxes that have already been opened!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Put a Gumnut Baby Under Your Tree This Christmas + WIN - December 10, 2017
- 4 Ways To Raise Earth Loving Eco Kids - December 7, 2017
- What Daily Sanity Saving Habits Do I Have? None of these! - December 3, 2017