- 400g pasta spirals, shells or macaroni
- 50g butter
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 cups (250g) grated tasty cheese
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions (different brands may vary in size & cooking times) until al dente.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute over medium-low heat. I prefer to use a whisk to get the lumps out.
- Gradually add the milk, using a whisk to stir until smooth and get out the lumps. Stir gently until the mixture comes just to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, ad a pinch of nutmeg and the grated cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to the pan. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta and stir until well coated. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Why I Put My Baby in Child Care - April 24, 2017
- Eva Reads I Love You by Xiao Mao - April 22, 2017
- The Apocalypse Is Here And It’s One Of My Pet Hates - April 21, 2017