- 400g pasta spirals, shells or macaroni
- 50g butter
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 cups (250g) grated tasty cheese
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions (different brands may vary in size & cooking times) until al dente.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute over medium-low heat. I prefer to use a whisk to get the lumps out.
- Gradually add the milk, using a whisk to stir until smooth and get out the lumps. Stir gently until the mixture comes just to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, ad a pinch of nutmeg and the grated cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to the pan. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta and stir until well coated. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Eva is the Editor and Owner of The Multitasking Woman - a lifestyle and parenting blog.She always has her fingers in many different pies but wouldn't have it any other way. Eva is a Mum to her 4-year-old son, 2 month old daughter, two chickens, one dog and a fish called Bob and a wife to Mr G. They all live happily in their little cottage on the outskirts of Brisbane.