I’ve made it twice now and it doesn’t last long. It actually reminds me of the taste and texture of good old chocolate crackles, but it’s way healthier, more delicious and completely guilt free!
Healthy Choc Protein Bar Recipe
Author: Eva Lewis
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2.5 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Blitz until the mixture gets moist and smooth and clumps up.
- If it still looks a little dry, add a tiny amount of water to the mixture.
- You should still be able to see pieces of nuts and seeds throughout the mixture.
- Place the mixture into a square or rectangular Tupperware container or slice tray that is lined with baking paper.
- Using your hands, press the mixture into the container or tray to cover the bottom evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- These are best enjoyed cold or frozen.
- Keep them stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Eva is the Editor and Owner of The Multitasking Woman - a lifestyle and parenting blog.She always has her fingers in many different pies but wouldn't have it any other way. Eva is a Mum to her 4-year-old son, 2 month old daughter, two chickens, one dog and a fish called Bob and a wife to Mr G. They all live happily in their little cottage on the outskirts of Brisbane.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Put a Gumnut Baby Under Your Tree This Christmas + WIN - December 10, 2017
- 4 Ways To Raise Earth Loving Eco Kids - December 7, 2017
- What Daily Sanity Saving Habits Do I Have? None of these! - December 3, 2017