How to make a sensory baby taggie toy
Elliott loves the sound of crunching plastic. Every time I open a packet of something, he quickly looks my way. He also loves his taggie toy from his Aunt and Uncle and so I thought I could combine the two and make a baby taggie and crunch toy in one!
What you will need:
2 x pieces of material in the size of your choice
1 x piece of plastic e.g. old baby wipes pack
Baby taggie toy instructions
- Firstly I got some different patterned ribbon and cut them into 8 x 15 centimetre lengths.
- I cut two pieces of material into my preferred size square and faced the right sides towards eachother.
- For the crunching part of the taggie, I used an old baby wipes package and cut it down to the same size as the squares of material. I put the plastic packaging on top of the two pieces of material, although in hindsight, I should have put it on the bottom of the two material squares to make it easier to pin the ribbons in between.
- I folded the ribbons in half and placed them on the edge of the square, between the two pieces of material, with the fold of the ribbon facing inwards. I placed the plastic on top while firmly keeping the ribbon in place and pinned all three layers together through the ribbon. As mentioned above, I should have put the plastic on the bottom so it was easier to keep the ribbon in place.
- Sew around the edges making sure you stitch over the ribbons at least 3 times because babies will chew and tug at the ribbon. Remember to leave a hole so that you can pull the material and plastic through to be right side up. Make sure the hole is large enough for the plastic and the material.
- Turn the taggie toy right side out by pulling the material and plastic through the hole.
- Pin the hole and sew closed.
- And after little effort, you have a lovely new taggie toy that your baby will love and it only costs a few dollars to make!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 7 Enticing Ideas for a Parents Weekend Away - May 29, 2017
- How Not To Let Your Photos Die A Digital Death + Canon Selphy Giveaway - May 20, 2017
- A Great Fundraiser That Isn’t Chocolate! - May 19, 2017