Forget about cooking a pizza in the oven, I have discovered a way of cooking it on the stove top! You don’t need a bowl, you mix it all in the pan.
I came across this recipe when I purchased my Chef’s Toolbox Saute Pan, the recipe is pretty much for the base and you can put whichever ingredients you like on the top. I’m pretty sure that if you have a flat based, non-stick pan with a lid that has a vent, you’ll have much success with this recipe.
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour with a good pinch of salt and sugar
1 sachet of dried yeast dissolved in 1 cup of lukewarm water
In my photograph, I pretty much used what I had in the fridge including tomato paste, diced bacon, diced ham, diced red onion, carrot, brocolli, capsicum and tasty cheese. You could also use pesto, mozzarella cheese, salami, mushrooms, shallots, olives, italian herbs and anything else you fancy!
- Dissolve the yeast in 1 cup of warm water and mix in with the flour, salt and sugar. You can do this all directly into the pan. Add enough extra warm water to make the dough mixture spreadable.
- Spread the dough over the base of the pan and top with tomato paste.
- Add layers of ingredients as you wish, starting with the meat first, then a cheese layer followed by whatever you wish. I usually put a little bit more cheese on the very top.
- Cover the pan with the lid, making sure the vents are open. Turn the stove onto medium heat and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Check the pizza after 15 minutes and listen for a sizzle. Loosen the pizza gently shaking the pan sideways.
- Remove from the heat and using an egg flip, lift the pizza from pan onto a board or serving platter.
- Serve immediately.
Mummy Mondays Featured Blogs
|A Stranger Smacked My Child by Fabufit Mum|
|Monthly Meal Planner by Enchanted Homeschooling Mum|
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- S’mores Tarts and Movies – The Perfect Match - March 22, 2017
- Eva Reads I’m Australian Too by Mem Fox - March 17, 2017
- 12 Reasons Why I’m A Proud Full Brief Wearing Woman - March 16, 2017