Do you know what worries me? It’s when I pick up a well-known brand of body care product, particularly baby and children’s products, and I can’t pronounce most of the ingredients, let alone know what they are. There’s just something a little wrong with that, it doesn’t sit right with me.
But rewind back to when I had Elliott and it was all Johnson & Johnson this and that and I trusted the brand, parents had been using it for years.
Me, well, I won’t be touching it or similar products anymore if I can’t pronounce the ingredient names and there’s no way I will be putting it on my kids skin.
That’s why it makes me super happy to come across brands like Kelapa Organics. I was sent a lovely bottle of Hand & Body Lotion and Baby Lotion and guess what? I can pronounce the ingredients AND I pretty much knew what all of them are!
Just so you can see, here’s the ingredient list for the Kelapa Organics Organic Coconut Oil Baby Lotion:
Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Purified Water, Cetearyl Olivate & Sorbitan Olivate (a unique natural PEG-free emulsifier from Olive oil), Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Butter, Glyceryl Caprylate (100% natural thickener made from 100% renewable sources, it’s from vegetable oil sources and medium chain fatty acids of coconut and / or palm kernel oil), Organic Glycerin (Glycerin is an organic compound. Its common sources are animal fat and vegetable oil), Xanthan Gum ( Fermented by plant-loving bacteria, it is no less natural than vinegar or yeast), Bitter Orange Extract, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Natural Vitamin E.
All products are FREE FROM sulfates, parabens, artificial preservatives, synthetic fragrances and artificial colours. The baby lotion is also 87% certified organic and the baby shampoo & wash 81% certified organic.
Just because they don’t have any ingredients with fancy schmancy names, doesn’t mean they don’t work. The rich antioxidants found in the baby lotion help with nourishment and the coconut oil provides anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties – perfect for nappy rash, cradle cap, baby acne, bruises, bug bites (yes, we used it on Elliott’s mozzie bites and it worked a treat), burns, chicken pox…you name it.
Both the baby lotion and adult hand & body lotion I received are simply divine, I just can’t get enough of this stuff and it smells good enough to eat.
So, guess what?
I’ve got a Kelapa Organics Mum & Baby Pack to give away!
Don’t worry if you don’t have a baby, the baby product can be used on young children OR just keep the adult products and use the baby products as a gift!
Here’s what’s in the prize pack:
1 x Kelapa Organics Baby Lotion – RRP $24.95
1 x Kelapa Organics Baby Shampoo and Wash – RRP $21.95
1 x Kelapa Organics Adult Shampoo – RRP $24.95
1 x Kelapa Organics Adult Conditioner – RRP $24.95
1 x Kelapa Organics Adult Hand and Body Lotion – RRP $26.95
TOTAL VALUE = $123.75
Disclosure: I was gifted two products from Kalapa Organics for the purpose of a review. All opinions are my own. You can find further information in my Disclosure Statement.
AND THE WINNER IS: Rachel K!
Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open until 12am AEST 6/4/16
- The winners will be announced on this blog and contacted via email. Please supply a valid email address.
- You will have 3 days to respond when I contact you, otherwise the prize will be reassessed.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- The prize will not be replaced in the event that it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit The Multitasking Woman accepts no responsibility for prizes sent by the promoter.
- This competition is open to Australian Residents only (excluding residents of the ACT due to their gaming laws).
- This giveaway is not associated, sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
- This giveaway is based on a game of skill and best response that answers the question will be selected as the winner.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Put a Gumnut Baby Under Your Tree This Christmas + WIN - December 10, 2017
- 4 Ways To Raise Earth Loving Eco Kids - December 7, 2017
- What Daily Sanity Saving Habits Do I Have? None of these! - December 3, 2017