We had some friends over the other week and I wanted to create some yummy nibblies and I remembered that my mum once made these delicious tarts with one of my favourite foods – Quince Paste! So here is the recipe!
- 12 ready made savory pastry tart shells
- 1/4 cup quince paste
- 70g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup pouring cream
- pinch nutmeg
Preheat oven to 190°C. Place 12 ready made savory tart shells onto a baking tray.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon quince paste in each pastry shell. Top with grated cheese and sprinkle with thyme. Using a fork, gently whisk eggs, cream and nutmeg together in a jug. Add a little bit of salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into tart shells to fill. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden (they will sink on cooling).
- Stand tarts for 5 minutes once removed from oven. Remove to a wire rack to cool to room temperature. Serve. Yum!
Link up your blog with Mummy Mondays! There is no particular theme, simply link up your post from the previous week or a new one for today, whether it be funny, creative, insightful, thought provoking, yummy (or a cooking fail), Mums and Dads….share your wonderful posts on Mummy Mondays!
1. Follow The Multitasking Mummy
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 9 Low Carb Snacks That’ll Have You Wanting More (and you can, guilt free) - January 18, 2018
- You say you’re too busy, but are you really? - January 17, 2018
- Indoor Play Centres in Brisbane With Free WiFi: Work While The Kids Play - January 16, 2018