It’s a little different to others I’ve seen in that it contains apple. In this one I’ve also thrown in baby spinach but you can leave it out.
My Special Potato Salad Recipe
Author: Eva Lewis
Recipe type: Salad
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes (the ones I used here in the photo were chat potatoes so I used more because they are little)
- Praise Traditional Mayonnaise (or any mayonnaise of your choice - the creamier the better)
- 3 eggs - hard boiled
- 1 apple (your choice of green or red) cut into small 2cm pieces
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped (I haven't used them in the photo, but I normally do)
- baby spinach (optional - I used it in this photo because I needed my greens)
- Cut the potato into eighths or to your desired size
- Place into saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Boil until potato can be pierced with a knife but does not break apart.
- At the same time in a separate saucepan, hard boil the eggs.
- Strain potatoes into a colander and add to a large serving bowl.
- Once the eggs are boiled, remove from shell and mash in a bowl.
- Add the egg to the potato.
- Add the apple pieces, chopped chives and spinach (optional) to the potato & egg and mix through.
- Add enough mayonnaise to the ingredients until all ingredients are coated when mixed through and are not dry.
- Garnish with chives.
Eva is the Editor and Owner of The Multitasking Woman - a lifestyle and parenting blog.She always has her fingers in many different pies but wouldn't have it any other way. Eva is a Mum to her 4-year-old son, 2 month old daughter, two chickens, one dog and a fish called Bob and a wife to Mr G. They all live happily in their little cottage on the outskirts of Brisbane.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Eva Reads There’s a Big Green Frog in the Toilet by Anh Do - October 18, 2017
- Golden Turmeric Elixr and Matcha Elixir – My New Fave Coffee Alternatives - October 15, 2017
- School Mum Friends and Why I Feel Like I’m Dating Again - October 9, 2017