I had just made this slice when Mum came over to visit last week. I gave her a piece with her coffee, she had a bite and her eyes lit up “What is this I’m eating Eva, it’s delicious!” This is yet another one of those recipes which you can whip up quickly with ingredients that you are likely to keep on hand, this is my type of recipe…no fancy schmancy ingredients I wouldn’t normally have.
225g crushed Arnott’s Marie Biscuits (or you could use Arrowroot)
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
110g melted butter
200g sweetened condensed milk
1 cup icing sugar
100 g cream cheese, softened
45 g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp lemon juice
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1. Mix together coconut, biscuits and lemon rind.
2. Pour in the condensed milk and butter. Mix well. Press into greased and lined slice tin.
3. Chill for an hour before topping with the cream cheese lemon icing.
4. Place all of the icing ingredients in a bowl or blender (I use a stick mix) and combine until creamy on medium speed.
5. Ice the slice and sprinkle with extra coconut if you like.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 7 Enticing Ideas for a Parents Weekend Away - May 29, 2017
- How Not To Let Your Photos Die A Digital Death + Canon Selphy Giveaway - May 20, 2017
- A Great Fundraiser That Isn’t Chocolate! - May 19, 2017