Every time I visit Melbourne, I fall more in love with the city, its culture and sense of adventure. It’s one of those places that I can see myself visiting with my family time and time again and still discover something new.
My recent Melbourne adventure all started at the Novotel Melbourne on Collins. I walked along Collins street and saw the Novotel sign. I approached the concierge desk where I received a friendly greeting and an offer to help with my bags although I was more than happy to cart my suitcase up to reception and so made my way to the elevator.
I was lucky enough to be welcomed with a delightful (and seriously yummy) platter of sweet delights!
I was really pleased to learn that AccorHotels now have a number of new Family Friendly travel initiatives including their Novotel&Families program as well as their MyResorts program, perfect if you are looking to enjoy a well-deserved family holiday!
Family Friendly Features available with any rate booked:
- Spacious bedrooms capable of accommodating up to two adults and two children, with a sofa/bed to allow relaxing during the day
- Two children up to age 16 stay free when sharing their parents’/grandparents’ room
- Free breakfast for children under 16
- Extended check-out till 5pm on Sundays so you can enjoy more quality family time
- Welcome gift for children
- Complimentary cartoon network (Nickelodeon)
- Special equipment for babies available to parents (bottle warmers, changing tables etc) making it easier for them to travel with less luggage
- Balanced and nutritious menu for children
- A children’s play area
If you need more space or privacy, you can book a second room or the kids at 50% off Novotel’s best-unrestricted rate, subject to family room extra availability. How good is that?
Creature comforts at the Novotel Melbourne on Collins
It’s always nice to have creature comforts at my fingertips when I go away with my family (or even by myself). You’d have to agree that it’s a huge treat to not have to cook, to be able to order room service whenever you like, to have someone take your laundry and even look after the kids for a couple of hours while you and your partner escape and enjoy the fun of Melbourne. This is where you can treat the whole family!
Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers:
- Air Conditioning/Heating that can be individually controlled.
- Mini Bar
- Conference facilities
- Car park with a full valet service
- 11am checkout
- A gym with exercise bikes, heated pool, spa, treadmills and weights.
- Iron and ironing board
- Laundry service (lap this one up!)
- Pay to view movies
- Porter service
- Restaurant serving breakfast and an a la carte menu for dinner
- 24-hour room service (lap this one up, too!)
- Safety deposit box in all rooms for your valuables
- Tea and coffee making facilities in your room
- Pillow talk (select your perfect pillow)
The moment I stepped out of the Novotel Melbourne on Collins, all it took was a walk across the road and my adventure started. The hotel is right in the heart of the city on Collins Street.
I kept walking, discovering, admiring, window shopping, photo taking, marvelling, turning left, turning right. I didn’t have a clue where I was going, but what I did know is that with every corner I’d turn, there was something new to discover. Magnificent old buildings, funky cafes, intriguing shops, groovy street art and a vibrant mix of culture.
Here’s what I discovered just a short walk from the Novotel Melbourne on Collins:
The Lindt Café (OMG) directly over the road!
Centre Place Laneway
Also directly over the road from the hotel after walking through the Centre Way Arcade
The Royal Arcade
The Block Arcade and Laneway
For more to see around Melbourne, click here.
I absolutely loved staying at the Novotel Melbourne on Collins, it had that little bit extra in its offerings that made me feel really special.
Every single staff member I encountered was super friendly and helpful, the hotel was in a perfect location, my room was immaculately presented, the hotel was trendy and modern and the buffet breakfast was not only delicious but there was a large variety of food on offer.
Would I stay again? Of course I would.
Would I bring my family with two young children? Definitely.
This Melbourne hotel is most definitely family friendly. I will admit, travelling with young children does tend to spike my anxiety but it’s hotels like this one that allow me to relax as much as I can because everything is covered, close and convenient. That’s what you want on a family holiday, right?
Whether you’re looking for a family staycation or a trip sans kids, you can find out more about the Novotel Melbourne on Collins and book your stay here.
Disclosure: I was offered a complimentary stay at the Novotel Melbourne on Collins in exchange for my honest review.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- The Time My World Stopped But Hope Keeps Me Going - July 17, 2017
- Super Elliott Reviews The Nerf Nitro Longshot Smash - July 17, 2017
- 7 Enticing Ideas for a Parents Weekend Away - May 29, 2017