One thing I love about the cooler weather is that it means it’s time to eat SOUP and lots of it.
Good old pumpkin soup is definitely one of my favourites, especially with a Thai twist – a bit of spice, coconut milk and coriander. But I’ve also recently tried the pumpkin, leek and carrot soup combination and was very impressed with the flavours. Anything with leek in it is a winner to me.
I’ve converted this into one of my Bellini recipes because making it in the Bellini Intelli Kitchenmaster means you only dirty one bowl and it can be cooked in there too! If you don’t have a Bellini, a food processor or stick mix will do the job of processing, you’ll just have to get a saucepan dirty and stand there and stir!
- 1 leek washed and cut into about 5 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small chillies, halved lengthways and deseeded (you can remove these if you like or use one chilli for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- approx. 400g peeled and chopped pumpkin (I used a kent pumpkin)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup light cream
- salt and ground black pepper
- Place the leek and garlic into the bowl. Chop on speed 4 for 10 seconds. Add oil and chillies. Cook on speed 1 at 100°C for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin and carrots. Cook on speed 1 at 100°C for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock. Remove the measuring cup from the Bellini and cook on speed 1 at 100°C for 10 minutes. Stir. Cook on speed 1 for a further 5 minutes or until pumpkin and carrots are tender. Remove the lid and let cool for 10 minutes
- Add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Fit the lid and measuring cup and blend on speed 6 for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour soup into serving bowls and enjoy!
Click on Bellini Recipes for more yummy recipes that you can make using your Bellini Intelli Kitchenmaster!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- S’mores Tarts and Movies – The Perfect Match - March 22, 2017
- Eva Reads I’m Australian Too by Mem Fox - March 17, 2017
- 12 Reasons Why I’m A Proud Full Brief Wearing Woman - March 16, 2017