Roast Chicken and Vegetables with a Twist
I have been so unwell over the past week and have wanted to badly to write some proper blog posts. I have so many ideas in my head, but my mind is so clouded from being ill with bronchitis. So, this is the next best thing, a hearty and healthy roast lemon chicken recipe perfect for a quick, easy and healthy family dinner. I love this one because I could use fresh produce from my garden, the beetroot and the carrots. This recipe is a bit of an adaptation from Michelle Bridges’ recipe in her Superfoods cookbook, I added a few different veggies and used a different cut of chicken. It was delicious!
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C for fan forced)
2. Place the chicken, pumpkin, brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, lemon, carrots and beetroot on a large baking tray in a single layer. Make sure it’s a single layer otherwise the chicken and vegetables wont cook properly.
3. Season with pepper and drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat.
5. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
6. Serve the chicken drizzled with pan juices and with the veggies alongside.
I’d like to welcome some new faces to the Mummy Mondays team! I’ve been overwhelmed by the number of awesome posts that link up every Monday and simply haven’t been able to comment on every one, so I’ve enlisted some help! Please welcome Sarah from Working Mums Collective and Ellie from Fit Fun Mum to Team MM! You will see them commenting with the tag #TeamMM.
Thanks for being part of the Mummy Mondays linky. Here are a few points to follow to ensure the linky runs smoothly:
- Link up one blog post only
- Your post doesn’t have to be about parenting! It can be about funny random stuff, self improvement, recipes, home organisation, childhood behaviour, gardening, hot tips…
- Please let everyone know you’re linking up with me by displaying my Mummy Mondays button (in the sidebar) or include a link.
- Most importantly, please join in and comment on some other blogs.