Can I let you in on a little secret? I hadn’t mopped my floor in about…hmm…6 months, until yesterday.
So why did I all of a sudden decide to mop my timber floors that were covered with spots and spatter from who knows what? It’s because this little beauty came via courier thanks to Vileda and Nuffnang, the Vileda Premium 5 Flat Mop System and Premium 5 Spin Wringer Bucket!
If anything can get me to mop my floors, it’s a brilliant mop system thingy like this one!
For so long I had a basic crappy mop with no bucket because for some reason during our move my bucket disappeared. I have a steam mop but it just didn’t seem to do as good a job as a wet mop did. So I just let it slide (or actually, it’s cause I put it into the ‘too hard’ basket).
I’m going to save you from seeing what my floor looked like (actually, you can see in my video) but I’m certain you can imagine it.
So after 6 months of not mopping what did this mop do to make me want to mop everyday? Well where do I start…
- Its wide frame enabled me to mop more floor space in less time
- There was no streaking because of the microfibre pads
- The pads were so easy to slide and clip on
- It comes with a dust & sweep and wet mopping pad (see below)
- It picked up crumbs!
- It is a great way to clean with less chemicals
- The head swivels so I could clean in the nooks and crannys
- The handle extends which is a great back saver
- The spin wringer bucket was my favourite part, you just flick a lever and the mop folds so you can put it into the spinner. Push down on the foot pedal as many times as you need to wring the mop. (see my home video below of Elliott and I demonstrating)
- It is kid friendly, Elliott loved it so much he did half the mopping for me!
The only thing I didn’t like about the Vileda Premium 5 system was that the bucket didn’t have wheels and was a little difficult to carry when full of water.
Here’s a quick (and pretty cute) video I put together of Elliott showing how you use the mop. He’s a fast little learner my Elliott.
The Vileda Premium 5 is available in Big W and Woolworths.
You might just be able to score yourself one of these by being a fan of the Vileda Facebook page, a little birdy told me they run giveaways every now and then.
And if you want a bit of a laugh, check out this episode of Where’s Julia? a funny Julia Gillard spoof featuring the Vileda Premium 5 in action.
What’s the longest amount of time you’ve left between mops?
Disclosure: I was gifted the Vileda Premium 5 System and Spin Wringer Bucket for a purpose of review. I did not receive any financial compensation. Please refer to my disclosure policy here.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 7 Enticing Ideas for a Parents Weekend Away - May 29, 2017
- How Not To Let Your Photos Die A Digital Death + Canon Selphy Giveaway - May 20, 2017
- A Great Fundraiser That Isn’t Chocolate! - May 19, 2017