Welcome to the first Mummy Mondays of 2014!
We all know that Johnon’s baby powder makes our bubs smell lovely and help with nappy rash, but there are many other wonderful uses for this lovely stuff!
15 Alternative Uses for Baby Powder
- You know when you go to the beach and you get left with the sand stuck all over you? Dust baby powder over your body and the sand will come off easily!
- Use it to dry shampoo your pet, it will absorb the oils. Just brush it off.
- Make a swimming cap easier to put on by sprinkling baby powder inside it before and after.
- Make it easier to put on your rubber gloves before doing the washing up by sprinkling a little baby powder inside.
- Stop chafing from rubbing skin.
- Use it as a dry shampoo for yourself, it soaks up grease, just brush it out.
- Use it as magic fairy dust to diffuse bad behaviour.
- Clean your greasy cook books. Dust the powder on top, leave for an hour and wipe away with a cloth.
- Use it to stop stinky feet and shoes, sprinkle it into your shoes and rub into your feet. It absorb sweat and stop the stink.
- Refresh your sheets. We all sweat while we sleep, especially in the hot Australian Summer, so dust some powder between your sheets before you go to bed and it will soak up the moisture, it’ll smell nice and help you drift off.
- Got Ants? Sprinkle baby powder in their trail. Apparently ants don’t like the smell!
- Have you got an oily stain on your clothes? Sprinkle baby powder on both sides of the stain, rub lightly and leave to soak in and then wash out.
- Use it to clean up oily spills on the carpet. Sprinkle the powder onto the stain and let it absorb.
- Untangle knots. Knots in hair, knots in jewellery. Baby powder acts as a lubricant and will help to unlock those frustrating knots.
- Fix squeaky floor boards! (I need to do this). Sprinkle baby powder and brush into the gaps.
Have you got any other interesting and useful things you use baby powder for?
Disclosure: The Multitasking Mummy received some Johnson’s Baby Powder the sole purpose of providing a review, no financial compensation was received.
Mummy Mondays Featured Posts
|Books for Kids: Favorite Easy Readers from 2013 from Growing Book by Book|
|Baked Parmesan Asparagus from Crystal & Co.|
Link up your posts here, one post per blog and don’t forget to share some comment love!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Find Your Perfect Side Hustle - March 12, 2018
- The Infobesity Epidemic: How to Avoid Information Overload - March 12, 2018
- Decorate On A Dime: Ways To Spruce Up Your Space On A Budget - March 6, 2018