There was a culmination of reasons as to why I didn’t get into babywearing.
Firstly, I had a really crappy baby carrier. It was a hand me down and I thought I’d just make do. Big mistake.
Secondly, Elliott didn’t like it at all but looking back now, the crappy baby carrier is probably to blame.
Lastly, my undiagnosed postnatal depression did not help. I recall a lot of anxiety around baby wearing including dropping my baby when trying to put him in and out of the carrier, suffocating my baby…it was just too much to deal with and so I just didn’t do it. It was easier that way.
But now with Mila, wow I’ve been missing out. It’s pure and utter freedom as a mother.
Why else has baby wearing changed my life as a mum? Well, let’s see…
- I get cuddles all day
- I get wafts of lovely baby smell all day
- Baby stays nice and happy (most of the time)
- It’s great for bonding
- It keeps me happy, relaxed and confident
- I can easily work and blog at my computer while she sleeps on me
- I can go to the toilet when I want and don’t have to hold for fear of putting a sleeping baby down (I think this is one of the most exciting things)
- Grocery shopping is so much easier
- It helps strengthen my core muscles
- There’s much less crying
- I can prepare dinner with ease
- I can vacuum with ease
- I can do the laundry with ease
- I have an instant 3.5kg weight on me for doing squats and lunges
- We both use each other’s body heat to stay snuggly and warm
- I feel as though it’s helped me to become more ‘in tune’ to Mila’s needs
There’s no doubt about it, baby wearing has boosted my confidence due to it’s calming effect. It’s also given me some of my independence back because I’m not restricted to the couch.
Do you wear your baby? What do you love about it?
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- My Guide To The Best Stretch Mark Creams Available In Australia - August 6, 2018
- I Have High-Functioning Bipolar. This Is What It Looks Like. - August 2, 2018
- 6 Of The Best Places To Work In Australia – Companies That Have Women’s Backs - July 30, 2018