In collaboration with Shop A Docket
Mr. G and I are very lucky to have our parents volunteer their baby sitting services on a regular basis which then gives us the opportunity to get all romantic and spend proper time together. But, and more often than not, it seems to always turn into a night at home on the couch watching a movie. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with this and actually, we did it last night, but it’s always good to mix it up a bit, relive old memories and have a little bit of fun. The thing is though, that can get quite expensive…having to spend money on different date nights.
- Have a picnic
- Get your dancing shoes on and go dancing!
- Have a candle lit dinner at home, don’t turn any lights on!
- Have a games night and pull out the board games
- Go roller or ice skating
- Strike! Go ten pin bowling.
- If you dare…go rock climbing or abseiling.
- Hole in one! Try some mini golf.
- Get comfy at the drive in movies.
- Laser Skirmish
- Go to a footy game (your husband will be impressed)
- Enjoy fish and chips on the beach
- Love dessert? Why not go on a dessert only date!
- Have a progressive dinner, one course at a different restaurant.
- See a band play at a local pub
- Go to a school fete
- Visit the museum
- Wander through an art gallery
- Test your knowledge at a local trivia night
- Find your inner child and go to a games arcade
- Do a ghost tour (if you dare)
- Visit your local planetarium
- Camp out in the backyard and star gaze
- See a play at your local theatre
- Go treasure hunting – set a budget and see who can buy the best piece of treasure
- Have a spa night – give each other pedicures, massages etc.
- Go on a scenic drive, wherever the road may take you
- Cook together and pretend you’re on My Kitchen Rules!
- Explore your city like you’re a tourist. You’ll be surprised at what you learn and discover!
- Enjoy a cheap meal out like we did (see video) …using a Shop A Docket of course.
Do you have any budget date night ideas?
Today I’m linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Clean A Messy House When You Don’t Know Where To Start - July 19, 2018
- How To Conquer Paper Clutter With Big W Stationery - July 16, 2018
- Mindfulness for Mums: How to Achieve Slow and Calm in 5 Minutes - July 15, 2018