Guess what I did this weekend? I got rid of some old undies, finally!
I don’t know about you but I have a tendency to keep underwear WAY passed it’s used by date and wonder why I can’t stuff anymore undies in my ‘undies’ drawer. I like to buy new ones, but not to throw them. I know, I know….it’s daggy. But hey, some of them were really comfy!
So, considering the above, I decided to come up with a bit of a guideline to follow in how to determine when your underwear is ready for the bin.
1. When they’re see-through (and they’re not supposed to be)
You know, the cotton undies that are now so thin that you can see through them. Yeah well, you’ve gotta ditch those suckers.
2. When the elastic has had it
Not only are these ones not going to fit properly, they’re going to move around under your clothes, give you wedgies and well, look absolutely hideous.
3. When they’re so small they gives you lines that you really DON’T want
I had loads of these. I think I was hoping that one day they’d miraculously fit me again but I’ve had to face the facts that my butt has become more ahem..ample and undies that cut in are not flattering….at all!
4. When they’re stained (sorry if that’s a bit too much info)
I would like to say that I DID NOT have any of these but I can just imagine that some people may very well have these. No questions asked, these go straight to the bin. Not as rags (ooh yuk, who does that anyway?) Straight to the bin.
5. When you’re white undies are now grey
White undies should be just that, crisp and white. Some of mine were beyond the help of Napisan and were promptly added to the ‘throw away’ pile.
6. When your undies start giving you HUGE wedgies!
I guess you could relate this to number 3 and number 2 but any undies that give you a constant wedgie are a no go in my book.
7. When it’s obvious you’ve had them too long style wise
Do you have any undies or g-strings that could come up to your armpits? Floral granny undies perhaps? If you’ve got ones that DO NOT belong in the year 2015, you need to part ways.
8. When your undies are not suitable underneath anything that you wear
I know I’ve bought undies in the past where I haven’t really thought through their practicality. Lacy ones, ones with strong prints, ones with thick elastic that leaves lines and I just never wear them. I can’t say I’ve ever owned any smiley face undies though. As with any patterned undies or ones with cute little images, a friendly reminder to look VERY closely in the mirror before you go out.
And once you’ve gone through the cull, of course it’s important that you buy yourself some lovely new undies like I did. My favourite underwear comes from Victorias Secret and they always have great deals on undies, briefs, panties….whatever you like to call them!
So do you have any criteria that I haven’t listed as reasons to ditch your crusty undies?
Today I’m also linking up with My Home Truths for I Must Confess
Thanks for joining me! I’d like to quickly remind you of a few things so that Mummy Mondays can run smoothly.
- Link up one blog post only
- Your post doesn’t have to be about parenting! It can be about funny random stuff, self improvement, recipes, home organisation, childhood behaviour, gardening, hot tips…
- Please let everyone know you’re linking up with me by displaying my Mummy Mondays button (in the sidebar) or include a link.
- Most importantly, please join in and comment on some other blogs, even if it’s the other bloggers in your row.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- My Guide To The Best Stretch Mark Creams Available In Australia - August 6, 2018
- I Have High-Functioning Bipolar. This Is What It Looks Like. - August 2, 2018
- 6 Of The Best Places To Work In Australia – Companies That Have Women’s Backs - July 30, 2018