I do tend to harp on about self-care quite a bit on this blog, and that’s because I believe it’s essential for mental health. It’s because we always seem to be putting other people before ourselves and we all know what happens when we don’t look after ourselves.
Self-care to some may be the simple act of taking a five-minute shower alone, without kids trying to jump in or asking a million questions on the other side of the glass. Self-care might be taking time out to practise yoga or meditation. I know that self-care to me is having time to spend on my writing; I love to sit alone in my thoughts and to sit and read. But sometimes it takes a good kick in the backside to go and do it, a swift reminder that you need to stop, if just for a moment.
So if we’re not going to remind ourselves to stop and take care of ourselves, who will?
He’s going to knock on your door just like the postman did to me today and he’s going to deliver you a box, a Retreat Yourself Box, to be specific.
A Retreat Yourself Box is the perfect kick in the bum reminder we all need to SLOW DOWN. Once you get it in your hot little hands you will have no excuse not to practise self-care; it’s a health retreat in a box.
As soon as I opened the lid I was greeted with:
“You are worth every minute you spend on you.”
Why thank you RY Box.
And then I was given specific instructions on a card:
- Discover all of the beautiful goodies.
- Inspire yourself with the RY Wellness Magazine (also included in the box)
- Use your Retreat Day Plan to create a retreat at home and Relax, Refresh & Renew.
- Join our online community to stay inspired to live your healthiest & most vibrant life.
Seriously, I felt like a kid in a candy store. In the Autumn Box, I received over $200 worth of Australian health, wellness and lifestyle goodies. The RRP of the box is $79.95.
What was in my Autumn Retreat Yourself Box
- The RY Wellness Magazine
- The Retreat Day Plan (instructing how to create a retreat experience at home)
- Sea + Clay Leave In Hair Oil – $15
- Coconut Bowls Natural Coconut Bowl – $12.95
- Bean Body Face Exfoliant – $14.95
- Peace & Co Hair, Skin + Nail Gummies- $28.88
- Discover You Cards – $29.95
- Shelby’s Healthy Hedonism Dipped & Dusted – $3
- Camel’s Back Bamboo Straw, Cleaner & Bag – $7.50
- Matcha Maiden Mini’s – $11.95
- Skintox Bath Salts – $20
- LaBang Body Raspberry Face Wipes – $12.95
- Pic’s Peanut Butter – $5
- Blossom Brew Face Mask – $15
- Bare By Bauer Biodegradable Toothbrush – $4.50
- Beanopini Lupini Beans. – $7.00
- Morlife Coconut Cacao Chia Pudding – $4.95
- Food For Health Fruit Free Bars – $7
- Avila $30 online voucher
What I love about the Retreat Yourself Box
I’ve received a few subscription style boxes over the years, and the Retreat Yourself Box is amazing value and very thoughtfully curated. I love the way the box was presented; I love the encouraging messages I found sprinkled throughout the box, I love the fact that there are instructions on how to retreat because I know for a fact, I need someone to tell me because it makes it so much easier!
I loved going through every single item in this box, and so far, my favourite is the ‘Discover You’ cards. These cards ask questions that I haven’t asked of myself, and now I’ve got them, it’s time for some soul searching. I’m also a stickler for face masks, so I was thrilled to see one in there. Best of all, the products are Australian boutique style products, not your typical brands that you’d find at the grocery store.
What I didn’t like about the Retreat Yourself Box
I have to be honest, it’s hard to have to wait three months for the next box. I guess that’s what makes it all so exciting!
Would I recommend Retreat Yourself Box?
A big fat YES! As a quarterly subscription, I think it’s a perfect and affordable self-care reminder and gift for yourself. There are no contracts which makes it even better. I also think it’s the perfect idea as a one-off, something to send yourself when you need a pick me up, or send it as a gift to someone else who you feel needs some time out. Check out the Retreat Yourself Website here.
Now, I’m off to have a shower, alone, with my Bean Body Facial Exfoliant in hand. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Scroll down so you can win your own box!
WIN an Autumn Retreat Yourself Box Valued at $200!
Want to win yourself an Autumn Retreat Yourself Box as pictured and listed above?
To enter, all you have to do is:
- Complete the form below.
- Answer the question in the form: “What is your favourite self-care activity and why?”
Congratulations to the winner – Jackie C.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open until 12 am AEST on the 23rd May 2019
- The winner will be announced on this blog and contacted via email. Please supply a valid email address.
- You will have three days to respond when I contact you. Otherwise, the prize will be reassessed.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- The prize will not be replaced if it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit.
- This competition is open to Australian Residents only.
- Entries will be signed up to The Multitasking Woman newsletter list. If you do not wish to sign up for the newsletter, please advise us via email or you can unsubscribe.
- This giveaway is not associated, sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Instagram.
- This giveaway is based on a game of skill and best response that answer the question will be selected as the winner.
- By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Disclosure: I received a Retreat Yourself Box in return for an honest review. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Get Rid Of Brain Fog For Good - January 17, 2020
- 5 Useful Calming Strategies That Will Quieten An Overactive Mind - December 23, 2019
- Setting Goals For 2020: Ideas To Make Your Year Remarkable - December 5, 2019