I’ve got some wonderful bloggers lined up again as guest bloggers on The Multitasking Mummy. There are so many talented people in the blogosphere and so I want to open my blog up to them as well as let you enjoy some different information and perspective. Today one of those wonderful bloggers and the first for this series is Kirsten from the blog Kirsten and Co sharing this wonderfully easy biscuit recipe. Welcome Kirsten!
Hi, I’m Kirsten! I live in Brisbane, Australia with my husband, Scott, two kids, Bailey & Sophie and their pet guinea pigs, Cookie & Liquorice. When I’m not folding the laundry, eating chocolate or avoiding exercise, you’ll find me on my blog, Kirsten and co. where I share everything from quick and easy recipes to my latest shopping finds. In my spare time I love to take photos, shop, organise, write, read, daydream, drink coffee, hang out with my family and take long, romantic walks to the fridge. I used to be an early childhood teacher, a birthday party planner and a full time mum. I’m now a graphic designer, blogger and non stop taxi driver for my two kids. Life is crazy busy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Baking is something I love to do. Unfortunately for my waist line, eating the baking is also fairly high on my priority list!
As a result, I don’t bake all that often, but when I do, the kids love it. They love to help out with the measuring, the mixing and of course the bowl licking!
These Butterscotch Biscuits are a favourite in our house. They’re really easy to make and are always a hit in the school lunch boxes. I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine do.
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2.5 cups self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Beat butter, sugar & golden syrup in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in sifted flour until combined.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Flatten each ball slightly with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on tray for 5 minutes, before transferring the biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a icy cold glass of milk.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Clean A Messy House When You Don’t Know Where To Start - July 19, 2018
- How To Conquer Paper Clutter With Big W Stationery - July 16, 2018
- Mindfulness for Mums: How to Achieve Slow and Calm in 5 Minutes - July 15, 2018