We went to visit Mr. G’s parents last night and I offered to make dessert. It had to be something easy and for some reason I felt like caramel. After scouring my cook books and the internet, I came across a recipe for a caramel pecan pie and decided that it would be nice to have it with macadamia nuts instead. After figuring it needed a little longer in the oven for the mixture to set and trying to cover it with foil so it didn’t go too brown (you can see where some of the foil got stuck), it turned out really well. Here’s how you you make it.
1 x 395g tin of sweetened condensed milk
1 x 100g macadamia nuts
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170°C and place flan case on a tray
- Whisk together the condensed milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the macadamia nuts on the bottom of the case.
- Pour in the condensed milk mixture into the flan case.
- Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Please note: all ovens are very different and mine being a gas oven, the heat doesn’t circulate well so I had to leave it in for another 15-20 minutes as the mixture was still wobbly in the middle. After the initial time, gently move the pie and if it is still wobbly in the middle, continue to cook in 5 minute batches until it no longer wobbles and looks cooked through. Cover the pie with foil so it doesn’t over brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit. You will notice it set more.
Serve with some cream or vanilla ice cream.
As much as I enjoy kids craft, I have decided to no longer host kids craft posts on this linky. By all means, please share your posts on parenting, families, self improvement, childhood development and behaviour, motherhood, fatherhood, home improvement, organisation, recipes etc. Thanks 🙂
Mummy Mondays Featured Posts
|Surviving ‘Crazy Hour’ on a 40 degree day by The Windmill Paddock|
|Baby Carriers: Bjorn or Ergo? by Mama Raj|
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Healthy Coconut and Banana Ice Blocks - June 22, 2018
- Work from home mum? 10 Ways To Keep Your Kids Entertained On The School Holidays - June 21, 2018
- 10 Easy Homemade Baby Food Recipes - June 15, 2018