We will be out and about most days this week and so I decided that Wednesday would be a quiet day at home. Usually that makes me nervous because I have to come up with lots of activities to keep Elliott interested and to wear him out. The cardboard boxes we had that didn’t yet fit in the rubbish bin were a hit, Elliott enjoyed building tunnels and driving his trains and cars on them and under them. I wanted to get a little creative and found a great project to create a Cardboard Box Car Wash.
Materials I used:
- Cardboard box
- Two wrapping paper tubes
- Packing tape (this was better as I needed to make the box stronger as it was a bit wobbly)
- Coloured paper
- Bubble Wrap
- Sticky Tape ( to tape the paper brushes to the tubes)
- Aluminum Foil
Elliott tried his best to help, but it consisted mainly of crawling through the car wash which didn’t help with the integrity of the box. (P.S. I don’t always let him climb on the table, he was promptly removed after this photo!)
I needed to reinforce the internal walls with some cardboard and tape as the sides of the box were quite flimsy. All the rest was quite straight forward, a bit of cutting here, a bit of taping there, I glued some blue paper to the floor to cover the tape I’d used to make the box and, VOILA!
|One occupied and happy little toddler.|
What creative things have you made with cardboard boxes?
Please feel free to share this post on Social Media!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- My Guide To The Best Stretch Mark Creams Available In Australia - August 6, 2018
- I Have High-Functioning Bipolar. This Is What It Looks Like. - August 2, 2018
- 6 Of The Best Places To Work In Australia – Companies That Have Women’s Backs - July 30, 2018