I would just like to start with saying
f&#k stuff you stupid change room in Target for ruining my entire weekend – change rooms suck!
On Saturday I was ultra inspired by a post I shared a month or so ago on my Facebook page. I can’t find it to share here but it was a Mum writing about how she chose not to worry about how she looked in a swimsuit because she wanted her children to have memories of her having fun in the water with them and not sitting on the sideline.
I thought to myself, ‘heck yeah, I’m not going to worry about my Mummy tummy, my cellulite and un-toned bits, I’m going to go and buy a new swim suit’. And so with confidence, I walked into Target and picked two gorgeous swimsuits – a two piece and a one piece.
I confidently walked over to the change room, said to the attendant with a smile ‘5 items please’ and she gave me my little taggy thing.
Off came the clothes and as I stood there in my underwear, viewing myself from all angles I’m surprised I even got as far as putting the swimsuit bottoms on.
Who the hell was I kidding? There was no way in the bloody world anyone was going to see me in a swimsuit this summer. And I couldn’t blame the damn lighting either, what was it going to look like in real sunlight if that’s what I looked like in fake lighting!
I hurriedly put my dress back on, walked out of the change rooms lumping the whole pile of swimwear on the counter. I couldn’t get out quick enough. The attendant probably wondered what happened in the change room but I suspect she gets it a lot, I just couldn’t make eye contact.
I felt depressed, a feeling I had for the rest of the weekend.
So now I’d just like to say I HATE CHANGE ROOMS, and with a passion. If only I hadn’t have stepped foot in that damn change room, I would have happily worn my old swimsuit anywhere because I was none the wiser.
Have you had any bad changeroom experiences lately? Are you comfortable in your swimsuit?
Thanks for being part of the Mummy Mondays linky. Here are a few points to follow to ensure the linky runs smoothly:
- Link up one blog post only
- Your post doesn’t have to be about parenting! It can be about funny random stuff, self improvement, recipes, home organisation, childhood behaviour, gardening, hot tips…
- Please let everyone know you’re linking up with me by displaying my Mummy Mondays button (in the sidebar) or include a link.
- Most importantly, please join in and comment on some other blogs
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 11 Things Not To Say To A Woman With Mental Illness - October 23, 2017
- Eva Reads There’s a Big Green Frog in the Toilet by Anh Do - October 18, 2017
- Golden Turmeric Elixr and Matcha Elixir – My New Fave Coffee Alternatives - October 15, 2017