Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie Recipe
This chicken, leek and mushroom pie is a serious winter warmer in our house. When it comes to pies, it’s super easy to whip up, too. And the taste! Well, you just have to make it and see what I mean, leek is simply one of my favourite vegetables to cook with for its flavour.
Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie
Author: Eva Lewis
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 leek
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- 1½ cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large sheets puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- In a large frypan, add half the olive oil and lightly brown the cubed chicken, then set aside.
- Using the same frypan, and the remaining oil, saute the leeks 'till tender.
- In a large pot, make the sauce by melting butter then mixing in flour, making a roux.
- Once the flour is mixed in and smooth, add milk and chicken stock gradually until thickened.
- Add chicken, leeks and mushrooms and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line a 23 x 30cm baking dish or cake tin with one square of puff pastry (I just used a cake
- tin with removable base).
- Pour in chicken mix and cover the top with the second square of puff pastry, pushing down the sides so it connects with the top of the pastry square put into the bottom.
- Cut a couple of slits into the pastry and brush with milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
If you’re a fan of easy winter warmer meals, why not check out my Thai Green Curry or Pumpkin, Leek and Carrot soup recipes!
Eva is the Editor and Owner of The Multitasking Woman - a lifestyle and parenting blog.She always has her fingers in many different pies but wouldn't have it any other way. Eva is a Mum to her 4-year-old son, 2 month old daughter, two chickens, one dog and a fish called Bob and a wife to Mr G. They all live happily in their little cottage on the outskirts of Brisbane.