Chocolate and Walnut Fudge
Author: Eva Lewis
Recipe type: Slice
- 100g of coconut oil (when I measured it out it was hard) Alternatively use 125g butter.
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 100g milk or dark chocolate
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- N.B. I decided to try coconut oil in this because I didn't have enough butter and I actually really love the hint of coconut flavour.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Once the butter is melted, add the golden syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar and stir over low heat until it starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer lightly for ten minutes, always stirring.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture stand for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chocolate to the mixture and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour into a well greased 7cm x 25cm slice tray.
- Refrigerate until set (I did it for about 3 hours) before cutting into squares.
Now I have to try not to eat the whole thing!
Do you absolutely love chocolate? Why not try this easy weetbix slice then?
Link up your favourite post from the past week and share some comment love on the other fabulous posts linked up here!
Eva is the Editor and Owner of The Multitasking Woman. She always has her fingers in many different pies but wouldn't have it any other way. Eva is a freelance writer, a social media manager, a Mum to her six-year-old son, one-year-old daughter, six chickens and Benny the dog and wife to Mr G. They all live happily in their little worker's cottage in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia.