1/2 x 250g packet Arnott’s Ginger Nut Biscuits
395g can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter (the recipe called for Kraft No Added Sugar or Salt Crunchy Peanut Butter but I just used what we had in the cupboard and it tasted great!)
50g butter, chopped
2 x 250g Cadbury Dark Melts
Crushed Roasted Unsalted Peanuts, to decorate
Dutch Cocoa, to decorate (I actually used Cadbury Bournville Cocoa)
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin. Line with baking paper. Crush biscuits in a food processor (or if you don’t have one, improvise and use something like a rolling pin), leaving some texture (it’s really nice when you bite into these to get a chunky bit of biscuit)
- Stir condensed milk, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth and just starting to bubble. Remove from heat, stir in biscuit crumbs, pour into tin and smooth the top. Refrigerate 3 hours, or until firm.
- Scoop out generous teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over pan of simmering water (or I used the microwave in short bursts, stirring in between until I got the correct consistency). Using two forks, dip balls into chocolate to coat, this is the messy bit but some people in my household loved to stick their fingers in the chocolate! I rolled half of the balls in crushed peanuts and left the other half plain. Chill on a tray for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Dust the plain balls with cocoa.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- 10 Easy Homemade Baby Food Recipes - June 15, 2018
- How To Make Monster Truck Cookies - June 10, 2018
- How To Overcome The Challenges Of Being A Work At Home Mum - June 6, 2018