Stay at Home Mums and Dads all get lonely every now and then, I know I do.
In light of my predicament, I’ve come up with a list of ways that may be helpful to conquer your loneliness as a Stay At Home Mum or Dad and most of which I do to keep me just that little bit saner!
- We have joined a playgroup on Thursday mornings. This is a perfect opportunity for Master E to play for a couple of hours and me to catch up on some much-needed adult conversation (and cake!) To search for a playgroup in your area visit Playgroup Australia
- I try to make play dates with my SAHM/D friends and their kids – I try to schedule one a week when I can. If your friends and family work, why not try point 3.
- Join a Facebook Group within your area and connect with other parents. To find a Facebook Group, try searching something like ‘<Your Suburb> Parents or <Your Suburb> Mums’. There are often many parents looking to meet up, especially those who have just moved into the area.
- I joined an online parenting forum called Bub Hub where I can chat with other parents, ask questions and share advice.
- Read blogs and leave comments. You’ll end up getting to know an online community of people this way. I have made many ‘online’ friends this way and it also becomes a great support network. It may not be ‘talking’ but it’s the next best thing and you’d be surprised at the great people you can meet online.
- Join a children’s activity group like Gymboree, Kindergym (run from many local PCYC’s), Music Groups or Master E enjoys Little Kickers. This will get you out of the house with a chance to meet other parents.
- Check out the different children’s activities available at your local library.
What things do you do to try to combat the loneliness of being a Stay at Home Parent?
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Commit To Your Fitness Goals And Feel A Million Bucks - March 22, 2018
- How To Find Your Perfect Side Hustle - March 12, 2018
- The Infobesity Epidemic: How to Avoid Information Overload - March 12, 2018