I’m going to cheat a bit here and share a post I wrote for Bub Hub recently.
It’s about counting the pennies and is something we’ve really had to focus on lately as a one income family. It’s most certainly a challenge and one that is quite new to me. I wont lie, it’s given me a bit of a reality check and a kick up the arse. The thing is, receiving renewals and letters from insurance companies informing us that the premiums are going up (and quite substantially) is just really hurting and it’s getting to a point where I just don’t see how some people who are not as lucky as us are coping. Seriously, when are they going to stop going up if other things are not relative?
I always try not to let finances get to me but it can be difficult because I’m the ‘finance’ person of the house and so have a true idea of how we’re going and what bills are to be paid and sometimes it does make me nervous. But what I do try to do is come up with different ways that we can save, even if it’s a few dollars here and there, it all adds up in the end.
So today I thought I’d share my post ‘Counting the Pennies: 18 tips on how we’re saving’.
You can read the post here .
Have you felt the penny pinch lately? What changes have you made to save?
- Link up one blog post only
- Link up your funniest/most popular/most interesting post from the last week (or new). It doesn’t have to be about parenting! It can be about funny stuff, self improvement, recipes, home organisation, childhood behaviour, something random and insightful….However, no Kids Crafts Please.
- I will feature two of the most popular posts on next weeks Mummy Mondays. If you are featured, feel free to grab the ‘featured’ button in my right sidebar.
- Please let everyone know you’re linking up with me by displaying my Mummy Mondays button or a link to the linky.
- Most importantly, please share the love and don’t forget to visit and comment on at least a couple of other blogs that have linked up! Be sure to come back at the end of the day to check if other blogs have linked up throughout the day.
Mummy Mondays Featured Posts
|10 Things Every Mother Should Teacher Her Daughter by Barbie Bieber & Beyond|
|Excess Baggage by Rugrat Rodeos|
There will be no Mummy Mondays link up next week because I’m going to be cruisin’ the seas for the Digital Parents Bloggers Conference! Keep checking my social media for updates though.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Kid Friendly Lennox Head Accommodation at Reflections Holiday Parks - November 23, 2017
- Electricity Tariffs for Dummies aka. Me. - November 22, 2017
- Why Isn’t Mum In The Photo? - November 21, 2017