While on Pinterest the other day I was completely inspired by this bright and sparkly reindeer by Mixed Method, I just had to have one and I was in the mood for some DIY Christmas art.
So off to Spotlight I went in search for the few materials needed to make this chic glitter reindeer. Isn’t he gorgeous?
What you will need
- Canvas – I used a 10 x 12 inch
- Glitter in the colour of your choice
- Fine paint brush
- Craft glue or mod podge
- A reindeer silhouette printed on A4 paper. Google ‘reindeer silhouette’ and you’ll find heaps. Alternatively, google whatever type of silhouette you prefer.
How to make the Glitter Reindeer Wall Art
The first step is to trace the reindeer silhouette onto the canvas with a pencil. The easiest way I found to do this is by putting the A4 print out into the back of the canvas and so when you hold it up in the light, you can trace around the edges.
Now that you’ve traced the silhouette, it’s time to paint on the glue. Use a paint brush that will allow you to get as close to the lines and the corners as possible.
Don’t leave the glue sit for too long, once the glue is painted on apply the glitter. This is the fun part!
Gently tap the glitter off and your beautiful Christmas reindeer will be revealed! There may be a few gaps where the glitter doesn’t stick, all you have to do is apply some more glue with the paint brush, sprinkle some glitter on and gently tap so the excess glitter comes off.
And now your bright and sparkly Christmas reindeer wall art is ready to hang!
Do you enjoy some DIY Christmas art yourself?
Linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT and Home Improvement Thursdays at The Builders Wife
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Eva Reads There’s a Big Green Frog in the Toilet by Anh Do - October 18, 2017
- Golden Turmeric Elixr and Matcha Elixir – My New Fave Coffee Alternatives - October 15, 2017
- School Mum Friends and Why I Feel Like I’m Dating Again - October 9, 2017