With our very hot summer, fruit platters are always a go-to food for celebrations and Christmas gatherings and I have just created a way to make eating fruit fun! It’s definitely fruit salad with a twist.
Perfect as a Christmas fruit salad idea or for any party or get together, check out these fruit salad and meringue waffle cones I put together for a family gathering and Elliott’s childcare Christmas party last weekend!
Mr. G is NOT a fruit eater, but he absolutely loved these. I think the meringue and the sweet waffle cone just takes it beyond your boring old fruit plate and the cone makes for a cup so there are no bowls or cups needed!
Fruit Salad Waffle Cones
- 1 box of 12 waffle cones
- Fruit of your choice - I used kiwi fruit strawberries, rockmelon and blueberries. Opt for fruit that isn't overly watery otherwise it will make the cones soggy.
- 1 x packet of small meringue nests
- Chop up the fruit into small pieces and place in a bowl. The amount of fruit you cut up depends on the type of fruit you are using. You will get a good idea of what is enough.
- Crumble the meringue over the fruit, about 4 nests for 12 waffle cones depending on how sweet you want it to be.
- Mix the meringue through the fruit.
- Spoon the fruit & meringue into the cones
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Get Rid Of Brain Fog For Good - January 17, 2020
- 5 Useful Calming Strategies That Will Quieten An Overactive Mind - December 23, 2019
- Setting Goals For 2020: Ideas To Make Your Year Remarkable - December 5, 2019