Back in my early teens I used to frequent the drags with my friends. Then as I grew older, I still frequented the drags except I had a boyfriend that enjoyed racing his stock standard street car there. Oh he thought he was so cool (ahem…so did I), but I look back now and cringe.
Anyhow, a couple of weekends ago I went back to that raceway a whole 15 years later to get my fix yet again. It was the Winter Nationals, Australia’s biggest drag racing gathering.
We packed our snacks and jumpers ready for a family afternoon of fast cars.
Elliott was properly equipped with some fancy ear muffs although I think it was the vibrations that shook his body that frightened him more than the noise.
As the cars roared down the track and the smell of burning rubber floated around my nose, I just couldn’t wait for the big ones, the noisiest ones, the fastest ones…the Top Fuelers.
The first race went by with a flash although I didn’t see much of it because some inconsiderate poo heads decided to stand up right in front of us, us who had been sitting patiently on the grass at the bottom of the hill with a toddler….let’s just say that after that first race, they didn’t come back after my words to them.
Anyway, the second race was getting close. The cars did their burn outs, they were being directed backwards to the start line. The Christmas tree lit up, holding…holiding…green light…ROAR!
And then this happened. I think I screamed the loudest.
Although we didn’t know straight away, the driver ended up being ok and sustained injuries to his vertebrae.
So there you have it, this is one of the things I love…none of this around in circles stuff like the V8’s…..just pedal planting stuff. Thankfully when Mr. G asked Elliott ‘Does Mummy drive like that?” Elliott stuck up for me and said no. Sometimes I wish I could though.
GUESS WHAT? You know the cool Thermos products I wrote about at the top? I’ve got a pack to GIVEAWAY. Perfect to keep things nice and warm this winter and cold in summer! Just follow the entry prompts in the Rafflecopter below! But don’t forget…this is not a random draw. The winner is based on the best answer, so try to be funny, creative, honest, whatever…put in a bit of extra effort and you could win!
The prize pack includes:
Foogo Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Food Jar – Keeps contents hot for up to 5 hours & cold for up to 7 hours. RRP: $29.99
FUNtainer Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Drink Bottle with Silicone Straw – Keeps contents cold for up to 12 hours. RRP: $21.99
FUNtainer Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Food Jar – Keeps Contents hot for up to 5 hours & cold for up to 7 hours. $29.99
N.B. You can select the design – boy or girl.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: The three Thermos products were supplied to me for an honest review. I did not receive any financial compensation for this post. Please see my disclosure policy here.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open until 12am AEST 3/7/15
- The winners will be announced on this blog.
- Please supply a valid email address. You will have 3 days to respond when I contact you, otherwise the prize will be reassessed.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash
- The prize will not be replaced in the event that it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit
- The Multitasking Mummy accepts no responsibility for prizes sent by the promoter
- This competition is open to Australian Residents only (excluding residents of the ACT due to their gaming laws).
- This giveaway is not associated, sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
- This giveaway is based on a game of skill and best response that answers the question will be selected as the winner.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Eva Reads There’s a Big Green Frog in the Toilet by Anh Do - October 18, 2017
- Golden Turmeric Elixr and Matcha Elixir – My New Fave Coffee Alternatives - October 15, 2017
- School Mum Friends and Why I Feel Like I’m Dating Again - October 9, 2017