Sponsored by Shop A Docket
It’s no lie, I love getting out of the house to eat. I’m sure you’d agree that there’s nothing better than to have someone else serve you, cook for you and do the dishes! I also love getting out as a family and having a bit of fun, it’s what creates memories. But, and there’s always the dreaded but, eating out can end up being quite expensive and this is one of the main reasons I’m sure a lot of people (including us) don’t do it as often as they’d like.
Here’s a little secret….there is a way to eat out on a budget, actually, a number of ways!
Yep, that’s right, and one of the first ways on my list is to become a coupon queen, a docket diva!
Don’t throw away your long grocery receipts, keep those suckers, check out the back of them for great deals, cut them up and keep them! If you’re not happy with what you see, check out shop-a-docket’s website for offers in your area and then print them off!
And when I talk about eating out, I’m not talking Maccas, although there are McDonald’s’ offers on there if you wish, I’m talking family restaurants like this one we visited.
Check out the fun we had (and the massive delicious meals) at Hogs Breath Cafe with our Shop A Docket Deal. But do beware, there’s a bit of ‘crazy Eva’ in there as well as an awkward Eva trying to discreetly talk to the camera while eating in a restaurant. Yeah, I was one of ‘those’ people photographing my food!
Other tips for eating out on a budget:
- Try splitting your meals. If you all like the same type of food try ordering one of each and share. This also limits a lot of food waste.
- Ask about the portion sizes before you order, sometimes you might find that you don’t need to order as much as you think.
- Visit restaurants where kids can eat for free!
- Try eating out at lunch time, prices are usually cheaper for lunch than at night.
- Opt to ‘eat out’ mid-week as restaurants often have deals to get more customers through the door during the week.
- Like to eat dinner a little earlier? Visit restaurants that offer an ‘early bird’ menu.
- If you like the odd glass of wine with your meal, why not either opt for a BYO venue or drink water with your meal and enjoy your wine when you get home!
What are your tips to eating out on a budget? And what great deals have you scored with shop a docket lately?
Righty O’! Link up your blog post people, your favourite one for the week and spread a little comment lovin’!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Healthy Coconut and Banana Ice Blocks - June 22, 2018
- Work from home mum? 10 Ways To Keep Your Kids Entertained On The School Holidays - June 21, 2018
- 10 Easy Homemade Baby Food Recipes - June 15, 2018