Yes, I like to look good but my fashion sense is far from high maintenance. Like REALLY far.
I don’t do designer labels, I don’t follow fashion trends, I really don’t spend much on clothes….I’m very low maintenance in the fashion stakes.Oh, and the last time I got my haircut was 18 months ago AND I have grey hairs because I haven’t put in a colour in the same amount of time.
So, perhaps if you’re like me, you’ll nod your head in agreeance with some of my ‘low maintenance’ fashion traits.
- I have four hairstyles: all out, half up half down, ponytail and bun.
- I have three pairs of shoes that I wear with most of my wardrobe and I wear them until they break. That’s when I buy new ones.
- Most of my outfits are either dresses (easy to throw on and less to think about) or a combination of shorts/pants and a tank top.
- Getting read is easy. I throw on one of the outfits hanging on my ‘decorative’ ladder in the corner of my bedroom. There are usually a few outfits on rotation that hang on my ladder, they never make it to my wardrobe. These are worn with my above-mentioned shoes. And BAM. That’s how you dress in 10 minutes, ladies!
- When I do eventually get around to a haircut it ALWAYS has to be a cut that is easy to maintain. There’s no way you’ll catch me washing and blow-drying my hair every morning (Mum, I don’t know how you do it). If there’s layering, it must be at a length that can go into a ponytail with minimal use of bobby pins..because, you know, I buy a packet of bobby pins and always end up with two
- Makeup…well, lipstick is as far as I go and not every day. It depends on how I’m feeling. Full makeup is for special occasions only and don’t ever ask me to do smokey eye. A meme I saw not long ago is close to how I feel about smokey eye, “watched a bunch of tutorials on how to create a smoky eye. Decided it would be easier to punch myself in the face.”
- Heels are only for very special occasions and when I do have to wear them, I can’t wait to take them off.
- When I get all dressed up, makeup on, heels on, I get a little excited because it just doesn’t happen often.
- The very end of my wardrobe is where my ‘nice clothes’ hang. I rarely go down there. You know, the clothes especially for weddings, the rare party, a funeral. Actually, I think most of them are really old and probably don’t fit anymore.
- My active wear is not actually for being active, it’s quite simply for being comfortable and doing the shopping, kindy drop off and working from home.
- I still wear clothes that are four or more seasons old. I definitely believe in getting the most out of my clothes.
- I can’t remember the last time I bought a new handbag, I also still use handbags that are four or more seasons old.
- I wear the same three pairs of fashion earrings on rotate. My most expensive accessories are my wedding and engagement ring.
N.B. I should point out that I work from home which does make it a little easier to get my ‘daggy’ on.
So ladies, tell me I’m not alone. Does this sound like you?
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Commit To Your Fitness Goals And Feel A Million Bucks - March 22, 2018
- How To Find Your Perfect Side Hustle - March 12, 2018
- The Infobesity Epidemic: How to Avoid Information Overload - March 12, 2018