When it’s winter and I reach for the winter warming desserts, my first pick is always the self sauce chocolate pudding microwave recipe. It’s a one bowl recipe, it’s easy and it’s quick; exactly what I need when I have to deal with my cravings immediately!
Easy self saucing pudding for the microwave
Self Sauce Chocolate Pudding Microwave Recipe
- 60 g butter
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup caster sugar extra
- 1 tbsp cocoa extra
- 1 3/4 cup hot water
- Melt the butter a microwave safe bowl large enough to cook the pudding in.
- Into the melted butter, stir in sifted flour, sugar, cocoa, milk, egg and vanilla. Mix together.
- Combine the extra sugar and cocoa in a separate bowl and sprinkle over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Pour over the hot water.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 8 minutes (my microwave is 1100 watts. If yours is less, you may need to do it for a little longer).
- You will know it is ready when the mixture is cake like and the chocolate sauce has thickened around the edges.
- Serve the pudding into a bowl, coating the pudding with some of the chocolate sauce and a scoop of ice cream on the side.
Hint: You’ll have to try and control yourself with this self sauce chocolate pudding microwave recipe. It’s hard to share even though it serves about four people. Enjoy!