When it’s winter and I reach for the winter warming desserts, my first pick is always the self sauce chocolate pudding microwave recipe. It’s a one bowl recipe, it’s easy and it’s quick; exactly what I need when I have to deal with my cravings immediately!
Easy self saucing pudding for the microwave
- 60g butter
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 tbsp cocoa, extra
- 1¾ cup hot water
- Melt the butter a microwave safe bowl large enough to cook the pudding in.
- Into the melted butter, stir in sifted flour, sugar, cocoa, milk, egg and vanilla. Mix together.
- Combine the extra sugar and cocoa in a separate bowl and sprinkle over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Pour over the hot water.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 8 minutes (my microwave is 1100 watts. If yours is less, you may need to do it for a little longer).
- You will know it is ready when the mixture is cake like and the chocolate sauce has thickened around the edges.
- Serve the pudding into a bowl, coating the pudding with some of the chocolate sauce and a scoop of ice cream on the side.
Hint: You’ll have to try and control yourself with this self sauce chocolate pudding microwave recipe. It’s hard to share even though it serves about four people. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- The Cacao Ceremony: A Little Known Route To Bliss And Self-Love - September 21, 2018
- SlapDash Galaxy by Bunk Puppets – A Must See Shadow Puppet Show at Ipswich Art Gallery - September 17, 2018
- How To Get Back On Your Feet After Emotional Burnout - September 10, 2018