It’s a little different to others I’ve seen in that it contains apple. In this one I’ve also thrown in baby spinach but you can leave it out.
My Special Potato Salad Recipe
Author: Eva Lewis
Recipe type: Salad
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes (the ones I used here in the photo were chat potatoes so I used more because they are little)
- Praise Traditional Mayonnaise (or any mayonnaise of your choice - the creamier the better)
- 3 eggs - hard boiled
- 1 apple (your choice of green or red) cut into small 2cm pieces
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped (I haven't used them in the photo, but I normally do)
- baby spinach (optional - I used it in this photo because I needed my greens)
- Cut the potato into eighths or to your desired size
- Place into saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Boil until potato can be pierced with a knife but does not break apart.
- At the same time in a separate saucepan, hard boil the eggs.
- Strain potatoes into a colander and add to a large serving bowl.
- Once the eggs are boiled, remove from shell and mash in a bowl.
- Add the egg to the potato.
- Add the apple pieces, chopped chives and spinach (optional) to the potato & egg and mix through.
- Add enough mayonnaise to the ingredients until all ingredients are coated when mixed through and are not dry.
- Garnish with chives.
Eva is the Editor and Owner of The Multitasking Woman. She always has her fingers in many different pies but wouldn't have it any other way. Eva is a freelance writer, a social media manager, a Mum to her six-year-old son, one-year-old daughter, six chickens and Benny the dog and wife to Mr G. They all live happily in their little worker's cottage in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia.