At the moment I’m in the process of getting the balance of work and family life just right. Work is getting busy and working for myself means I have to use my time wisely and know when to switch off work. I have set myself a goal to get properly organised in order to achieve this balance because in all honesty, I’m far from being organised.
Kirsty at My Home Truths actually set a prompt to write about today entitled ‘what are your own little tips or ‘life hacks’ that you use to make your life easier?’ Well the fact is, besides doing my grocery shopping online, I really don’t have any hacks that are worthy of a mention so instead I’ve come up with a list of things I would like to start doing to keep things tidy and to use my time productively.
7 Time Saving Hacks
1. Before I leave a room, pick up one item and put it away.
2. Aim to do at least 20 minutes of cleaning every morning.
3. Stop reading my emails first thing in the morning, only check them three times a day max. and clear all emails! I need to stop using it as a to-do list…naughty, naughty!
4. Focus on the most important three tasks and start with the most important thing in the morning.
5. Instead of just writing my blog post ideas on note pads, I need to start writing everything that comes to my mind on either note pads or using an app like Evernote. Hopefully this will stop my brain from being so overloaded and I’ll stop forgetting things!
6. Set up a daily structure so I can let go of the unnecessary things that are time wasters.
7. Install the StayFocusd App for Chrome so I can limit the amount of time I spend on time wasting websites a.k.a. Facebook.
What are some of your top hacks that save you time and get you organised?
Thanks for being part of the Mummy Mondays linky. Here are a few points to follow to ensure the linky runs smoothly:
- Link up one blog post only
- Your post doesn’t have to be about parenting! It can be about funny random stuff, self improvement, recipes, home organisation, childhood behaviour, gardening, hot tips…
- Please let everyone know you’re linking up with me by displaying my Mummy Mondays button (in the sidebar) or include a link.
- Most importantly, please join in and comment on some other blogs.