Pumpkin, Leek & Carrot Soup
A winter warming Pumpkin, Leek & Carrot soup made with the Bellini Intelli Kitchenmaster but can be made using any suitable appliance.
- 1 leek washed and cut into about 5 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 small chillies halved lengthways and deseeded (you can remove these if you like or use one chilli for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- approx. 400g peeled and chopped pumpkin I used a kent pumpkin
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light cream
- salt and ground black pepper
Place the leek and garlic into the bowl. Chop on speed 4 for 10 seconds. Add oil and chillies. Cook on speed 1 at 100°C for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin and carrots. Cook on speed 1 at 100°C for 10 minutes.
Add chicken stock. Remove the measuring cup from the Bellini and cook on speed 1 at 100°C for 10 minutes. Stir. Cook on speed 1 for a further 5 minutes or until pumpkin and carrots are tender. Remove the lid and let cool for 10 minutes
Add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Fit the lid and measuring cup and blend on speed 6 for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour soup into serving bowls and enjoy!