This post on abundance mindset includes affiliate links.
Stephen Covey coined the term “abundance mindset” in his book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. He explained it as a concept where a person believes there are enough resources to share with others. The contrast of this idea is the scarcity mindset, where people think that if someone else wins or is successful, there’s nothing left for them. I know I’ve felt this way before. “Why start a business in Digital Marketing when there are so many out there?”
In this article, I’ll share some ways you can develop an abundance mindset and change your life.
Abundance mindset VS. Scarcity mindset
Before I delve into abundance vs scarcity, I’ll explain how an abundance mindset differs from a scarcity mindset.
An abundance mindset means focusing on what we have, precisely the opposite of a scarcity mindset, where we focus on what we lack.
The abundance mindset flows from a deep inner sense of personal worth, security and confidence. It is powered by the belief that ‘there is more than enough for everyone.’ In contrast, a scarcity mindset is a belief that there can never and will never be enough. Having this mentality results in feelings of fear, stress, insecurity, and anxiety.
An abundant mindset allows us to see possibilities. It can help us lead a more resilient and creative life enabling us to perform at our highest productivity levels. Aside from ourselves, with an abundant mindset, we can also help our team, family or friends perform at their highest levels.
How to develop an abundance mindset
Between the abundance mindset vs scarcity mindset, we all, of course, want to choose the
“abundance mindset”, but the truth is, not everyone can. Not everyone can focus on what they have instead of what they lack. It does take work to develop this mindset.
Here are some steps you can try to start thinking abundantly.
1. Focus on gratitude
Appreciate what you have and don’t look for what you lack. Don’t compare your life with others; comparing can only result in envy and lower self-esteem. Please don’t feel guilty for what you have and what you have achieved. You deserve it.
2. Surround yourself with people who have an abundance mindset
Surround yourself with positivity. Choose those who prefer to lift you up along with them rather than pull you down and break away from those people who make you feel worse.
3. Create a clear vision of who you want to be in the future
To create an abundant life, it’s crucial to develop a vision of who you want to be in the future. Goal setting gives your life direction, motivation, purpose and builds confidence. Having a clear vision also removes complexity and complication, which makes things simpler.
4. Focus on your strengths
Having an abundance mindset means that you focus on improving your strengths and capabilities instead of counting your weaknesses.
5. Build the habit of abundance thinking
Make thinking positively and abundantly a daily habit until it is deeply rooted inside of you and comes out naturally for you.
Examples of an abundance mindset
- A person with an abundance mindset thinks big.
- They believe that there’s a lot of everything for everyone and that there is no need to envy others for what they have.
- They are optimistic and genuinely happy for others’ success.
- They are grateful and appreciative.
- They are giving.
- They embrace and accept change.
- They take a proactive approach to life.
- They crave learning and growth.
- Those with an abundance mindset are often visionaries and see the limitless possibilities in the world. Their focus in daily life is on ‘What is working’, instead of what is not.
What are the benefits of having an abundance mindset?
Having an abundance mindset can change your life positively. By adopting this mindset, you can shorten the path to your goals and make it easier to take the daily actions you need to achieve success.
When it comes to business, an abundance mindset can help you feel confident and adaptable. In addition, it will make you a better leader who lifts your team.
Abundance mentality helps you create a Win/Win situation. It’s a Win/Win in terms that both the mind and the heart continuously seeks mutual benefit in human interaction.
How to develop a pro-active (not reactive) mindset.
A proactive mindset focuses on eliminating problems before they have a chance to appear, while a reactive mindset focuses on responding to events after they have happened.
- Try planning instead of just waiting for things to happen and then decide how to respond. You may not be able to plan for everything, but it is better to be prepared for something rather than nothing.
- Understand your control
- Understand and accept that you cannot control everything, and you can’t foresee all the possibilities.
Abundance mindset affirmations
An abundance mindset, when practised every day, will make you happier and more abundant. So start shifting your thoughts with positive affirmations today!
Here are some Abundance Affirmations to transform your outlook:
I am worthy of what I desire.
I have everything I need to be successful.
I am smart, capable and talented.
I am grateful for the positive things in my life.
I am loving and lovable.
I achieve whatever I set my mind to.
I am my best source of motivation.
I always have enough money.
I am a money magnet.
I am worthy of the wealth I desire.
Abundance Affirmations eBook + Abundance Thinking Exercise
An abundance mindset is within reach. Why not start your journey to growth and happiness with my Abundance Affirmations eBook, a great way to begin forming small habits with your thinking.
Inside are the above 10 affirmations, one affirmation to a page, in a stylish design that can be printed or used on a computer, tablet or smartphone. The ebook also includes an abundance mindset exercise sheet to help you move your thinking from scarcity to abundance. All less than a cup of coffee!
The price is approximately USD3.26 and will convert when you checkout with PayPal.
- The Hypomanic Edge: The Joys and Risks of Being Above Normal - June 17, 2021
- 4 Reassuring Benefits of Seeing a Counsellor [And How to Find One] - May 23, 2021
- How Having An Abundance Mindset Can Change Your Life! - May 14, 2021