A little while ago I Instagrammed some pancakes I made for our Sunday morning breakfast and had people asking how on earth I made them so perfectly browned. Was it the way I cooked them or the pancake recipe perhaps?
Well, I really don’t know how I got them looking so perfect, I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary and cooked them in a frypan as usual with a little bit of butter. So perhaps it is the actual pancake recipe that makes them so good after all!
So, now I’m letting you in on my secret, my perfect pancake recipe.
The Perfect Pancake Recipe
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter melted plus extra for the frypan
- 300 ml milk
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cream of tartar in a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add the eggs and sugar.
- Cream the eggs and sugar with a hand mixer and add the melted butter at the end, mixing it through.
- While gradually adding the milk, continue beating the mixture with the hand mixer on high until it forms a thick mixture and all ingredients are combined.
- Add a small amount of butter to a fry pan and heat on medium heat. Don't have the element up too high <g class="gr_ gr_407 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="407" data-gr-id="407">otherwise</g> it will burn the pancakes and they won't be cooked properly in the middle.
- Pour the mixture into the pan until you reach your preferred size, gently tilting the pan with the handle to spread the mixture out a little if needed.
- Cook until you can see the bubbles in the pancake start to pop, this is when it's ready to flip.
- Cook for a further 30-40 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and keep covered until ready to serve.
Enjoy with your favourite toppings! Mine is good old butter and raspberry jam.
P.S. Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
- How To Overcome Impostor Syndrome And Thrive - May 11, 2020
- An Extensive Guide to the Best Stretch Mark Cream  - May 4, 2020
- 6 Cool Kmart Kids Bookshelf And Book Storage Hacks - May 1, 2020