I have been lucky enough to have permission to share this recipe from the new cookbook: carbs by numbers low carb recipe options ─ Christmas
by Sandra Dunbar and Meg Pell
Seriously, if you’re stumped with what food to make for Christmas, do yourself a favour and grab this book. Not only is it filled with some great ideas (including Cocktails!) the food is nice and healthy too and won’t put you over the edge.
I mean, take a look at this Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo!!
Frozen Christmas Dessert – Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo
- 300g raspberries, fresh
- 40g pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup sugar (substitute of choice or xylitol (55g)
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) rose water
- 1¾ cups (430ml) cream, thickened, regular fat
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- Grease and line the loaf pan with cling wrap or baking paper. Allow a generous overhang to help remove the log.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and lightly dry roast them in a pan.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar substitute in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water.
- Immediately reduce to a simmer and whisk the egg mixture for about 5 minutes or until it is of a light custard consistency and can form a figure 8 on the surface.
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking until it cools. Set aside with a cover of cling film on the surface to prevent a skin forming.
- Whip the cream and gently fold into the custard mixture with the pistachios, rose water and half of the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, cover and freeze overnight or until it is firm.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to stand for at least 5 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- Top with the remaining raspberries.
total fat 26.5g
saturated fat 14.5g
dietary fibre 5.1g
vitamin C 20.4mg
total vitamin A equivalents 323.2µg
Available from all good bookstores (softback); Kobo, Amazon and iTunes (eBook) and at www.carbsbynumbers.com
WIN carbs by numbers low carb recipe options – Christmas book!
I’ve got two books up for grabs. Just enter by following the rafflecopter below! Good luck!
The winners are:
Winners have been emailed.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open until 12am AEST 11/12/15
- There will be two winners, each winner receives a copy of carbs by numbers low carb recipe options – Christmas book.
- The winners will be announced on this blog and contacted via email.
- Please supply a valid email address. You will have 3 days to respond when I contact you, otherwise the prize will be reassessed.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash
- The prize will not be replaced in the event that it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit
- The Multitasking Woman accepts no responsibility for prizes sent by Australia Post.
- This competition is open to Australian Residents only (excluding residents of the ACT due to their gaming laws).
- This giveaway is not associated, sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
- This giveaway is based on a game of skill and best response that answers the question will be selected as the winner.
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- Healthy Coconut and Banana Ice Blocks - June 22, 2018
- Work from home mum? 10 Ways To Keep Your Kids Entertained On The School Holidays - June 21, 2018
- 10 Easy Homemade Baby Food Recipes - June 15, 2018