I have been lucky enough to have permission to share this recipe from the new cookbook: carbs by numbers low carb recipe options ─ Christmas
by Sandra Dunbar and Meg Pell
Seriously, if you’re stumped with what food to make for Christmas, do yourself a favour and grab this book. Not only is it filled with some great ideas (including Cocktails!) the food is nice and healthy too and won’t put you over the edge.
I mean, take a look at this Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo!!
Frozen Christmas Dessert – Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo
Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo
- 300 g raspberries fresh
- 40 g pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute of choice or xylitol (55g
- 1 tablespoon 20ml rose water
- 1 3/4 cups 430ml cream, thickened, regular fat
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- Grease and line the loaf pan with cling wrap or baking paper. Allow a generous overhang to help remove the log.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and lightly dry roast them in a pan.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar substitute in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water.
- Immediately reduce to a simmer and whisk the egg mixture for about 5 minutes or until it is of a light custard consistency and can form a figure 8 on the surface.
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking until it cools. Set aside with a cover of cling film on the surface to prevent a skin forming.
- Whip the cream and gently fold into the custard mixture with the pistachios, rose water and half of the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, cover and freeze overnight or until it is firm.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to stand for at least 5 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- Top with the remaining raspberries.
total fat 26.5g
saturated fat 14.5g
dietary fibre 5.1g
vitamin C 20.4mg
total vitamin A equivalents 323.2µg
To find out more about Carbs by numbers low carb recipe options ─ Christmas by Sandra Dunbar and Meg Pell visit www.carbsbynumbers.com
Available from all good bookstores (softback); Kobo, Amazon and iTunes (eBook) and at www.carbsbynumbers.com
Latest posts by Eva Lewis (The Multitasking Woman) (see all)
- How To Get Rid Of Brain Fog For Good - January 17, 2020
- 5 Useful Calming Strategies That Will Quieten An Overactive Mind - December 23, 2019
- Setting Goals For 2020: Ideas To Make Your Year Remarkable - December 5, 2019