Typically a sugar-filled treat, this gluten-free version of a Christmas favourite, mince tarts, brings all the flavour of the original, plus plant protein and a low GI.
Raw Vegan Mince Tarts Recipe
Prep time: 30 mins
1.5 cup almond meal
1/2 cup Hemple Raw
1/2 cup dried inca berries 6 dried figs chopped Zest of one orange
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
3⁄4 cup coconut yoghurt
20 drops liquid stevia
1⁄4 cup raw cacao powder (for the chocolate flavour)
Dried orange slices
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a sticky dough forms.
2. Using your hands, press into a silicone mini muffin tin, or a normal mini muffin tin lined with paper cases. Place in the fridge to set.
3. To make the frosting place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth! For the green version of the frosting, omit the cacao powder. Or divide frosting into two and make one green and one chocolate!
Pin for later
- 54 Self Care Strategies For When Self-Isolation Is Just Too Much - April 1, 2020
- Food and Mental Health – Can You Eat Yourself Happier? - March 29, 2020
- The Best Lifestyle Choices to Fight Ageing - March 28, 2020